Backend Software Engineer
Omaha or Remote
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with our product & design team to translate and execute product vision into scalable product.
- Be a stakeholder in engineering and product strategy — this isn’t just another place to knock down story points and tickets — you’ll have meaningful and direct ownership in your work.
- Have the autonomy to ship code to production regularly and frequently.
- Develop tested, scalable core product features that are seamlessly integrated with our API driven frontend.
To be successful at this position, you’ll need:
- A passion for building and maintaining quality user experiences on the web at scale.
- Attention to details.We view product excellence as a north star — We’re only successful when our users successfully use Workshop and care deeply about the end-to-end user experience.
- A Strong understanding of modern software development methodologies
- Deep knowledge and experience of object oriented programming in duck typed languages like Ruby or Python. Deep experience with Ruby on Rails is preferred — we use Ruby on Rails to power our backend platform (and we use Vue on the frontend).
- Experience with SQL database, schema, and query design and optimization. We’re big fans of PostgreSQL.
- Care for about web performance/optimization and treat performance as a feature.
- Interest or experience in securing web applications is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Market competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
is an internal marketing platform that helps internal comms teams create, send, and measure multi-channel campaigns. Workshop is a fast growing, venture-backed startup based in Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha-based candidates are preferred but will consider remote within ± 2 hours CST for the right candidate.Apply for this role