Workshop raises $12M Series A to streamline internal email and communications
We are thrilled to announce that Workshop has raised $12 million in Series A funding, led by McCarthy Capital out of their Emerging Growth strategy. It also included support from a group of Midwest venture funds, including Ludlow Ventures and M25.
With our last round, we were able to achieve product-market fit and build up our brand within the internal communications space, with a laser-sharp focus on truly and cohesively solving the problems that come along with emailing employees on even a semi-regular basis.
Here are just a few of the other things we’ve accomplished over the last year:
- We have grown into a standout platform for internal email that truly solves the pain points of employee communications (instead of relying on marketing workarounds or IT support)
- Built up a customer base that’s responsible for communications to over a million employees every month, from Fortune 100 companies to beloved brands like Steve Madden, Papa John’s, and Edelman Financial
- Developed a suite of ways that internal communicators can streamline their workflow and align their teams (from private campaigns to a shared comms calendar)
- Scaled our email delivery infrastructure to meet the demand of global organizations, and launched our analytics API to better serve the most sophisticated data teams
- Launched dozens of new features, including translation, audience segmentation, AI-assisted stock images, and dynamic distribution lists
- Brought together an optimistic community of over 40K+ communicators via our weekly newsletter, The Happy Monday Club (<– sign up here!)
We’re thrilled and honored to partner with McCarthy Capital through the next phase of growth, and know that they believe in our product vision and our team. (This additional round of investment follows a seed round of $5 million in July 2022, just 18 months ago!)
Workshop has quickly become one of the fastest-growing internal communication platforms, and we’re honored to be the go-to tool for delivering emails to well over a million employees. These additional funds will help us continue to grow our team both in Omaha and remotely, and will also allow us to provide even more support and features for global and distributed teams!
As mentioned, we’re also looking for a world-class team to help us achieve these goals, with a current focus on bringing on more engineering and sales talent. (Check out our open roles here!)
Looking forward to what’s next! 🚀